Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Flip Side of Radio channels and Anchors

26th August, 2010
Even after spending 12 years in radio industry i still remember my first inteaction with my colleagues. It was not encouraging at all rather they were surprised after getting my introduction. I have gone through many ups and downs during this period but yet i consider my self a success story. At one stage i closed my ears and remained focused on my work. It was solely due to the affection for the work and association with my audience.

I have received many requests recently to carry on my radio shows specially for FLOOD RELIEF campaign but i turned down all. The most important reason which may not liked by my colleagues and ex colleagues is the flip side of radio channels and anchors which is very different from what people perceive from voices. Voices not only deceive people but also take them to an ideal world where everything seem to be TRUE and PURE. Most of the narrated stories are fabricated and opinions  get changed the moment microphone is turned off. Hypocracy prevails loudly and most of the stakeholders are content. For the past few years this flip side has haunted me and hurted me badly up to the extent where i have concluded to stay away from this world.

I hope the passion i have lost because of sudden growth may knock at my door again and i would rock on the power waves. I also pray that all of us associated to this profession would remain the same as soon as microphone turned off and flip side would become identical to the real side.

No comments:

Post a Comment